Friday, January 11, 2008

My Wife is the Real Prize...

I am hi-jacking Melissa's blog and inserting a post showing off something she did for me recently. I teach historical fencing at our daughters' school and towards the end of last year we held a tournament. I wanted to give out some nice prizes to the finalists, but trophies for historical fencing aren't that common (actually, they don't exist at all!).

I spied some knight magnets at a local junk shop and raided Melissa's wood pile for some plaques. I sprayed the plaques with metallic copper spray paint and was going to stick the magnets on when Melissa saw what I was doing and said "STOP". The style police had made an arrest!

Fortunately Melissa fixed up my horrible rushed spray paint job, put a gold edging on the plaques and mounted the magnets. When all was dried and set, she was going to sit down and letter it properly when I revealed to her exactly when it had to be done by. I handed her a Sharpie pen and she saved my butt. Se even put them in protective baggies for me. And all of this after she had spent all day working!



They turned out about a hundred times better than I would have done them and the kids, when they got them at their school assembly, thought they were being presented with the World Cup.

Thanks Sweety. Love you.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Well done Mel, they do look great. Mind you i am probably more partial to those skirts....... I have one almost the same in red and yes i left the fringing on mine as well.
Glad to see you back in blogland

Unknown said...

that is my dear man, the definition of a wife! always to the rescue!! well done Melissa they look great.