Friday, January 11, 2008

Skirts, Skirts and more Skirts

Late last year before my sewing machine was going crazy, I decided to start making some skirts for my girls. I am a huge lover and collector of chenille and I would love to make so many things out of chenille including shorts, dresses, cushions and more.

Well finally here are the skirts I made the girls and would you believe it took me only about 15 to 20 minutes each to make these beauties.


Don't they look great. I am so proud and the kids love them and look great in them. We had just come back from the pool and decided to wear them home.

The next day daughter one's friend came over and I decided to make one for her because her dress was a little dirty and I thought while I was washing her dress, as she liked them too. So here hers is and also I embroidered I quick heart on the skirt. My kids wanted one on theirs but I have not done this yet.

What do you think? Ain't they great!

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

Great skirts! I made a pair of Ourple chenille shorts/capris for my 2yr old and also left the fringe on them - It has been a bit hot to wear them yet but they will be great in Winter.

I just thought I would say I got all excited when I saw you were in Ermington, I live in Rydalmere. :) So Hi from the next suburb.